“Finding an exceptional baked-cheesecake recipe has taken me a number of years. Made with Wedgewood’s biscuits as a base, and incorporating nougat, makes a delicious tea option.”
— Jackie Cameron
Baked Nougat Cheesecake
- 150gr “Wedgewood” ANGELS Nougat Biscuits
- 60gr Salted Butter, melted
- Line and grease a cake tin very well.
- Place the biscuits and the melted butter in a liquidiser and pulverise until semi – fine.
- Evenly spread the biscuit mixture over the base, place into the fridge to firm up, while making the filling.
- 300ml Cream
- 250gr Plain, Smooth Cream Cheese
- 250gr Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 30ml (10gr) Corn Flour
- 75gr Castor Sugar
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 2 X 110gr Nougat, cut into chunks
- Place the cream, both cream cheese, corn flour and sugar into a food processor and mix until well combined and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, processing after each addition.
- Fold in the nougat chunks. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Cover the base and sides of the cake tin with a sheet of tin foil. Bake in a bain marie (a bain marie is placing the cake tin into a deep tray, filled with warm water, till half way up the tin, place a cloth on the bottom of the tray to prevent the cake tin from moving around on the tray. Bake at 150⁰C for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the bain marie and place into the fridge to cool down and firm up, if possible overnight.
- Decorate with extra chunks of nougat, sifted icing sugar and fresh flowers.