Grilled Lobster Tail
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Cuisine type: Seafood
Recipe type: Seafood braai / barbeque
- 8 x 100 g lobster tails
Chili Garlic Butter Sauce
- 6 T butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 red chili
- 1 sprig dill and an extra 1T for garnishing
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T juice of lemon
- 1 T fish sauce
- ¼ c water
To serve and garnish
- Lemon wedges
- Micro herbs
- Get the braai or barbeque going, until moderate heat is reached.
- Rinse the lobster tails and gently open them up by cutting the inner softer skin to open the lobster’s tail flesh.
- Gently loosen the flesh from the shell, keeping the tail intact. Bend it breaking the outer shell slightly – this helps if from coiling once cooked. Pat dry and set aside.
- For the sauce, heat the butter in a saucepan over high heat along with the garlic, chili and dill.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and fish sauce or stock concentrate and pour in the water.
- Bring to the boil for 8 minutes until slightly thickened, and transfer to a small bowl. Remove the chillies and discard.
- Baste the inner lobster tails flesh generously with the sauce and cook on the braai for 3- 5 minutes on each side until cooked. Be careful not to overcook it.
- It is important to turn the tails every now and to cook it evenly. You will see the shell will start to turn to a bright orange colour as its cooks through.
- Once done, place on a platter along with lemon wedges and a salad of your choice and garnish with micro herbs and it’s ready to serve!