Keeping the kiddies entertained during their school holidays, the SIbalicious way!
3 Days, 3 fun and delicious recipes
1ST of our 3-part recipe series- Cooking with Kids, compliments of @sibamtongana
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 chicken fillets, butterflied
- Sea salt
- 1T canola oil
- 1 t garlic
- 1 T freshly chopped coriander
- 1 T thick mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 hard taco shells or more
- 1 tin red kidney beans, rinsed
- 250 g mixed cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 125 ml sour cream
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 jar salsa
- 65 g grated cheddar cheese
- A bunch coriander sprigs, some stems removed
- Butterfly the chicken by cutting each fillet along the middle length wise without going all the way through and open them out. Mix the oil, garlic, coriander, mayo and salt together to make a wet rub.
- Smear heaped teaspoonful of the mixture on each chicken fillet rubbing all overusing the back of the teaspoon.
- In a large heavy non-stick pan, heat the oil and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on the first side until the slightly browned. Turn and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Remove from heat and cover with the lid or foil, resting the chicken for at least 5 minutes.
- To assemble, pile the cooked fillets onto a piece of wax paper in the centre of a large board and cut into strips. Arrange everything else around the chicken, some in piles directly on the board and some in small bowls.