Keeping the kiddies entertained during their school holidays, the SIbalicious way!
3 Days, 3 fun and delicious recipes
2nd of our 3-part recipe series- Cooking with Kids, compliments of @sibamtongana
Popcorn party snack
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 3 T canola oil
- 1 c raw popcorn kernels
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 c pretzels
- ½ c desiccated coconut
- KitKat milk chocolate, 2 fingers cut into small pieces
- 10 fresh raspberries, frozen and broken into small pieces
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat and pour the oil, swirling it until the bottom of the pan is well covered.
- Add the raw popcorn kernels and cover with the lid let the popcorn pop for at least 7 minutes but being careful that it doesn’t burn.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Pour it on a sheet of parchment paper placed in a tray or baking tin and spread it all around.
- Press the toppings and a handful of popcorn into the melted chocolate.
- Break into pieces and serve.